Natural Cures for Sinusitis
Sinusitis is a common problem which normally develops after a cold. Symptoms include a blocked nose, facial pain around the cheekbones, and a pounding headache. While there are several cures sinusitis can be effectively controlled and treated with natural remedies. Natural remedies are a great way to alleviate the pain and other symptoms associated with sinus infections. For many people, a sinus infection is a temporary problem. However, some cases of acute sinusitis can lead to severe complications such as constant dizziness and headaches that need to be controlled.
Acute Sinusitis is Usually Due to a Fungal or Bacterial Infection that Results from a Cold
However, chronic sinusitis is mainly due to the reaction of the body's immune system to allergens in the form of air pollutants. Other causes include nasal polyps or growths, and gum or teeth infections. While antibiotics and other allopathic drugs cures sinusitis the side effects of these drugs can often be hard to cope with. For example, decongestants can cause insomnia and nervousness, and are ineffective when used over a long period. Corticosteroids used in nasal sprays produce side effects such as high blood pressure, mood swings, weight gain, ulcers, and glaucoma, among others.
Many Instances, Natural Alternatives Work Better Than Antibiotics
Moreover, they do not have any side effects, which is one of the main disadvantages of conventional forms of treatment. To begin with, one of the best remedies that cures sinusitis is Vitamin C. Vitamin C strengthens the immune system and reduces the levels of histamine that causes inflammation and swelling of the mucous membranes. A dose of one gram of Vitamin C three times a day is recommended.
- Zinc and magnesium cures sinusitis by boosting the immune system and killing the common cold virus.
- Strengthening the immune system helps fight bacterial and fungal infections.
- Both zinc and magnesium are enzymes needed to make fatty acids reduce pain and inflammation.
- A dose of 15 mg. of zinc can be taken three times a day.
- Flavonoids are compounds found in fruits and vegetables known for their antioxidant properties.
- A diet rich in fruits and vegetables can help boost the immune system.
- Quercetin which is present in flavonoids can be taken as a daily dose in order to increase the effectiveness of Vitamin C.
- This also helps to block the release of histamines that cause inflammations.
Best Natural Home Remedies for Sinusitis
How To Relieve Your Sinus Infection In 20 Seconds Do you have a tongue and a thumb? If you do, you already have everything you need to clear your sinuses ...
- Daily dose of 1500 mg of Bromelain, an enzyme found in pineapple, helps to fight sinus infections by breaking down the mucus.
- Olive leaf extract and goldenseal cures sinusitis by fighting bacterial and fungal infections.
- Avoiding traffic fumes and using vaporizers are effective ways to minimize allergens that cause sinus infections.
- Eliminating fatty and fried foods, sugar, pastries, and dairy products that are known to be allergic foods can help prevent the formation of mucus.
Foods such as fresh fruits and vegetables, hot chicken soup, fish, and salads assist the breakdown of mucus and ought to be included in your diet. Garlic, onions, ginger, hot peppers, and mustard are also effective ways to clear mucus formed by sinus infections. Drinking plenty of water, herbal tea, honey and lemon drinks can also help clear mucus buildup. A nasal wash with a teaspoon of salt dissolved in warm water is an ancient ayurvedic treatment used to cure sinusitis.
Adam Bradley is a lifelong sufferer of sinus problems just like you. After years of dealing with hundreds of doctors and medications he decided to do an exhaustive research on what cures sinusities. Read about it here: http://naturalsinusreliefcenter.com/sinusitis-cures-nutrition/. He lives in Boulder, CO, is now enjoying the outdoors, and encourages anyone who is tired of sinus infections, to try his free info Mini-Course, available at http://www.naturalsinusreliefcenter.com.