Sinus Headache or Migraine? What are the Differences?
There is a difference between sinus headaches and migraines which are generally mistaken. A recurring headaches which is blamed on sinusitis is often really because of migraine discomfort. If this is the case then the taking medicine frequently could make the pain a whole lot worse since above medication can aggravate the migraine in the mistaken belief it is dealing with a nose infection.
Those suffering from a nose headache will not knowledge sensitivity to be able to light and also sound which will have an effect on those experiencing a migraine. There is also no nausea experienced during a sinus headache but that may be the case for some migraine patients. Nose headaches often occur throughout or even after a cool and include side-effects such as post nasal drip. It is important to be aware any recent health issues experienced whenever distinguishing between a sinus headache and a migraine.
- Sinus headaches are in fact less common than many presume although they are often diagnosed incorrectly.
- A typical nose treatment is nasal spray and anti-inflammatory medicine which will have no effect on migraine sufferers.
- In the event that a patient does not respond to that treatment it is a good sign they are in fact suffering from migraines.
Natural Sinusitis Relief - SinuvilSinuvil Sinus Relief Set consists of soothing homeopathic drops and all-natural supplement, formulated to help target the source of sinus inflamation. Sinuvil contains only the highest quality botanical active ingredients that have been scientifically formulated to work for the best results. Sinuvil's active ingredients have been used safely for hundreds of years to support healthy sinus cavity, help reducing swelling and sinus pain and support respiratory health. Reducing inflammation and supporting healing has been shown to ease the pain and flare-ups associated with sinus infection.
More about This Product »
Is important to identify what type of headache is affecting the sufferer because a bad diagnosis can mean medical treatment which is at best pointless and at worst may exacerbate the symptoms to make the situation a whole lot worse. There's common misunderstandings above this issue so try and solution the following three questions:
Cure Your Sinus Mucus & Chronic Cough
Save on Xlear products by using this link: http://www.iherb.com/pr/Xlear-Sinus-Care-Rinse-with-Xylitol-3-Piece-Set/69409?rcode=WEB707 - This works too: ...
- Does the patient have a heightened sensitivity to light and sounds during the headache? 2.
- Does the patient actually feel nauseous through the head ache attack? 3.
- Have the headaches been occurring for a period of three or more months with excessive severity?
The answer to any two of the questions is 'yes' then it is likely that the patient is suffering from a migraine headaches instead of a sinus headache and should be treated accordingly.
To learn more about migraine headaches treatments go to the Migraine headaches Cure